Sunday, August 14, 2011

Easy and Healthy Lunch

I bring my lunch to work every day (I have to - they is no time to go somewhere and get lunch) and I need something that is simple to make, healthy, and inexpensive.  So, a salad it is!  I try make lunch for the boyfriend and myself
I wash the lettuce (I am a lettuce snob and only use red leaf), tear it then spin it dry.

I only have 4 containers (and 3 lids but that is a story for another time) so I always make salads 4 at a time.  This will last us 2 days so I only have t make lunches 3 times a week - which is great!  Someday I will buy more containers and only make lunch on Sundays.

I add the toppings - always cheese and carrots but sometimes I have other things like cucumbers and mushrooms.  Anything works on a salad as long as it will last a few days in the fridge.

If I use anything juicy I put it in a small bag and put it in the container with everything else.  I also like to add a hard boiled egg or meat we had left over for some protein (I put those in bags too).

I then get the dry toppings together.  We always have bacon bits (the boyfriend only likes the fake bacon on his salad), sunflower seeds, and raisins.  Sometimes we have dried soybeans.  I put them in the small blue container and put that in the container with the salad.

Then I put our dressing in another container - we use ranch.  I like to have a bottle at work (with my name written ALL over it) so when that happens I can skip this step.

I just place them in the fridge and it takes us less than a minute to grab then on our way out the door in the morning. 

What do you take to work for a quick healthy lunch?

2 comments:

Viktoria with a K said...

I love that we think alike!

I take the same thing every single day, so I have the packing down to a science:

-half a pita with turkey, cheese, and lettuce.
-celery sticks (I slice all of them on Sunday nights) with laughing cow cheese
-fresh fruit (this week it's cantaloupe because it's cheap and in season. I also cut it up on Sundays)
-something crunchy--gold fish, chex mix, etc.

Cutting things up on Sundays keeps it quick during the week!

Anonymous said...

I truly love your site.. Great colors & theme. Did you develop this website yourself?
Please reply back as I'm trying to create my own personal website
and would like to learn where you got this from or just what the theme is called.
Many thanks!

Look into my homepage - Outlet Zapatillas Salomon

Linkwithin