Here are a few facts to share:
- In California alone we have over 76,000 farms. Most of these are family owned farms.
- California produces over 400 different crops. We have by far the greatest crop diversity of any US state.
- Over half of all the US-grown fruits, nuts and vegetables are grown in California. You're welcome the rest of the country. ;)
- The top crop in California is milk. I think our cows truly do enjoy the weather here.
- California produces over 90% of the US Artichokes, Strawberries, Almonds, Garlic, Tomatoes and Olives.